Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Castles in the snow




I suppose that if we lived in California, we might make sandcastles at the end of November. But, we live in Saskatchewan...so we make snowcastles!

These photos (along with the ones that I posted on the weekend) were taken on Saturday afternoon in our backyard. Rick and Matthew were outside (Rick thought he could put up the Christmas lights and watch Matthew and the same time- he couldn't) so instead they made that fabulous snowman. They looked like they were having so much fun and it was so nice out, Caleb and I just had to join them.

Matthew wanted to play in his sandbox, but instead he took his pail and made snowcastles with daddy. He had so much fun! And Caleb enjoyed the fresh air and the view from his snugli.

I also, just have to post this photo of Matthew that I took a couple weeks ago (the first time it snowed). Just when I thought his chubby baby cheeks were gone....

Is it just me, or does this hat accentuate his chubby cheeks?!?

1 comment:

christine said...

snow castles! I am so jealous. Sure I could hop in the car and be at the beach in 15 minutes. We could make sandcastles and enjoy a sunset. :) (had to gloat for a moment there), but I would love to be able to make snowcastles in my backyard! So jealous. We typically make it to the snow only once a year. SO jealous.