Friday, September 22, 2006

this was his idea...

The next preschool day, Matthew insisted that I write him a note for school.

So I did:

Dear Matthew,
Here is a kissing hand for you. Remember that Mommy loves you.

(then I traced my hand, drew a heart inside and kissed it while wearing lipstick!)

I'll pick you up at 11:15.

Love,
Mommy


*And it worked! We put it in his pocket and said goodbye. When I picked him up, the teacher said he held the note in his hand for half the morning. When I asked him about it he said when he started to get tears he just rubbed the kissing hand against his cheek and he was okay.*

I love this book:

I should also add that everytime I leave for work now, he needs to make me a kissing hand note that he kisses while wearing his Bob the Builder chapstick!

8 comments:

nadine jenine said...

oh my goodness michelle, that story is just so adorable! i need to read that book!

christine said...

I am so glad that worked! Now he gets to have fun at preschool and you can rest easy knowing he is having a good time.

Missy said...

I have tears in my eyes. That is the sweetest! You must scrapbook it!

Cathy said...

So sweet.

I've not seen that book. But I'm going to look for it at the library.

Love it.

Sheri said...

oh, that is just the sweetest story about your son!

i'll definately be checking that out - hoping our library has it.

Jenny L. said...

My mom has that book, we all love it too.

What a sweetie.

Mary Jo said...

Michelle I am getting teary just reading that!
So glad it's working :)

Marie said...

I must check out that book!! that is just about the sweetest thing!!