Tuesday, May 15, 2007

if I had a million dollars...

You know that song, If I had a Million Dollars by the barenaked ladies?

Well, it has become a favourite to listen to in our car. And it has prompted some silly things to be said.

"Mmmm, a cake car. Mommy, can you imagine a car made out of cake?"

- Matthew, in reference to "I'd buy you a K-car"

"Haven't you always wanted a Mon-Keeee?"

- Matthew again

"Sausage song, sausage song"

- Caleb, in reference to "pre-wrapped sausages"

"Mommy, what's a 'he-mu'?"

- Matthew, not understanding the word emu

But the sweetest thing of all, was on Mother's Day, when Matthew told me a secret,
"Mommy, if I had a million dollars, I would buy grandma a new mom"


8 comments:

nadine jenine said...

he'd like to buy grandma a new mom? my gosh that is the most adorable thing. :)

Susie said...

Such a thoughtful little guy you have on your hands. And silly, too!

Susie said...

Look! I have a picture :)

Faye Byard said...

Tell Matthew that if I had a million dollars, I would buy an airplane. So I could come visit him whenever I wanted. Oh and I would also buy Caleb all the pre-wrapped sausages he wanted.

Jenny L. said...

What a sweetie!

christine said...

that is just so sweet!
BNL inspire such wonderful things. It might be time to put them back in the car.

Missy said...

Beautiful! They have such tender hearts!

Sheri said...

very sweet :)