Sunday night we went out for ice cream. You should see the boys polish of a strawberry sundae. Especially Caleb. He sits right up on his knees and just digs right in!
On Tuesday, we went to the Art Gallery. There was an exhibit about architecture and it was fun to teach Matthew a bit about that (not that I know very much about architecture, but I guess enough to give a beginner's course to a 4 year old).
On Tuesday afternoon, we decided to bake a cake. For no reason (and from a mix, of course).

Wednesday morning, the boys and I went out to the Farmer's Market downtown. We bought some cherry sauce (that is so yummy on waffles, pancakes or ice cream), some rhubarb (I'm going to attempt a rhubarb crisp), some cookies and a banana bread. We also played at the playground.
And Wednesday, Rick came home from work early and we spent a few hours at the fair. This was the first time we had ever taken either of the boys to the fair. They had lots of fun.

2 comments:
Summer is great for all those reasons...
I just decided that we have to take our kids to the fair - we haven't been in 8 years - because I was pregnant with our youngest the last time we went. Crazy. The older two have gone on class field trips (ours is in September) but my baby has never been.
So we're going this year. And I'll get to take our little African foster child - how crazy is that? Fun.
Glad you're having so much fun this summer, Mich.
That sounds so fun. I love our little farmer's market. The produce is so good. Cherry sauce sounds yummy too.
Post a Comment