Sunday, December 09, 2007

evidence that santa claus is coming to town

- It all started two Sundays ago, after Church. Father Ken sang "Santa Claus is coming to town" to the boys.

- Caleb has been dressing up in his santa hat, giving presents to anyone who will play with him. And if you see him stomping around and ask him what he's doing, he'll tell you that he's "coming to town".
- On Thursday, this letter arrived in the mail. We were all pretty excited about it!
- The boys took a trip to the mall and met the jolly old fellow. -Today after swimming lessons, we caught a glimpse of him, but didn't feel it was necessary to stop and talk, since they had just seen him a few days ago.

- But he must have followed us to Grandma and Grandpa D's because we heard a knocking and then some sleigh bells. But when we went to the door, nobody was there. We found two stockings full of books, trucks, gingerbread boys and candy canes. That Santa, left us some early Christmas gifts....

- Yep, he's definitely coming :)

6 comments:

Marie said...

i LOVE this :)

Mary Jo said...

I'm starting to feel it, too!!
Love the note from Santa and the stocking idea :0)

Missy said...

St. Nick's Day! I used to love leaving my shoe out for this!

Jenny L. said...

What fun. My two are bouncing off the walls w/ excitement.

Katy said...

How fun!
One year Santa called us on the phone.. even the oldest was enthralled. :) Love this time of year.
I have heard a rumor that Santa is visiting Cub Scouts here this week. :) Good fun.

Faye Byard said...

So much fun... glad to hear the boys are in the spirit. I love your new format. At first I thought I was on the wrong blog :)