Sunday, January 27, 2008

seven on Sunday

1. I think I'm going to buy this book. Has anybody read it?
2. I made this Tex-Mex Lasagna last week and it was very tasty. Especially for a dish without any meat. :)

3. Rick's company had their Christmas party last night (yes, we know it's January) and I won a gift card to Tim Hortons and Rick won a gift card to Best Buy. Woo hoo! They have the best prizes. (too bad we didn't win the cirque du soleil tickets)

4. I invented some new games today:

Game #1- Garbage Hunt-Go around your house and collect anything that belongs in the garbage. Count it and see who won.

Game #2 -Laundry Hunt- Very similar to Game #1, except you go hunting for laundry items left around the house. Don't forget to look under beds! Count your items to see who wins.

Game #3 - "I wanna go home!"(must be said in a very whiney voice)- Pretend that you are one of the toys on the floor in the living room. Then say "I wanna go home!" The toy wants to go home. You have to save the toy and take him back to his home (the toy box, the shelf, etc)

5. Caleb's been sick :( And so has Grandma. Get well soon.

6. Our passports arrived this week. I'll spare you all the details involved in getting an appropriate photo of Mr. Caleb.

7. Well, that's all the stuff for today. Have a great week!

10 comments:

Susie said...

THat looks like a fun book- we'll have to check it out!

nadine jenine said...

I can't imagine trying to get a passport photo for a kid! Well done!

Jenny L. said...

I am totally going to try game #3. I bet it will work too. That dish looks yummy!

sas said...

I need to check out that book - and will remember your games (I think that's brilliant!).

christine said...

E is quite into the idea of winning these days. dreadfully into it.This is a game though that I wouldn't mind playing if she was playing to win. Normally I say that we play games to have fun and if you win, good job, and if you don't, then that is okay. But I want winners when it comes to cleaning!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Jo said...

I have not read that book but I would love a review, too!
Love, love your games!!
And that reminds me that I haven't made my mexican lasagna recipe in a long time.
I think it's due again :0)

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like you need to buy that playful parenting book. It sounds like you need to write one.

I love how you mom.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like you need to buy that playful parenting book. It sounds like you need to write one.

I love how you mom.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like you need to buy that playful parenting book. It sounds like you need to write one.

I love how you mom.