Last week, you graduated from preschool. And this was the real thing (not like last year when you pretended to, and you were still so young and you threw your cap up in the air way before it was time and everyone laughed and took pictures of you).
When you woke up on your graduation day last week, you seemed to sense my need to have you stay a preschooler for just a bit longer. You asked to snuggle before breakfast and you wanted me to read The Kissing Hand to you. Just like I used to when you first started preschool.
You looked so grown up at your graduation. You showed Daddy around your classroom and goofed around a bit with your buddies before the program started. You did all the actions and sang all the songs so well. When Mrs. Brown talked about how much the kids had changed and grown over the last two years, Daddy and I knew she was talking about you. You really have grown and changed so much.
On the way home you were trying to find a way to spend another year at preschool. You figured that it would be fun to be in preschool with Caleb. And it would be fun, but you are on to bigger and brighter things, my dear. 
And when we got home and looked through your folder, I sniffled a bit when I found the note that Mrs. Brown had kept and included with your art projects. You really have grown up so much. I am so proud of you, Matthew.
(this note is one of the many that I would write to you when you were three and you would keep it close by at school to help you to not miss me-it's a kissing hand)Love,
Mommy
3 comments:
sniff sniff. i don't like how fast our children are growing up!
Awww. What a big boy. Is he excited about K? That photo of him hugging his teacher is so special.
That is the sweetest note.
These years are bittersweet.
Post a Comment