Monday, December 12, 2005

Christmas in "Killartey"

"Mommy I want Christmas in Killartey"

This was Matthew on Saturday morning. I had no idea what he was talking about. So now I was on a mission. A mission to figure out what he was talking about.

"Christmas in Killartey?", I asked.

Yes Mommy. I want it.

Where did you see it?

At the Christmas Party. (we had been to Rick's staff kids' party on Wed)

What is it?

A song, Mommy. Like the puppets. I want it. I want Christmas in Killartey.

***Mystery Solved***

If you haven't guessed already, it was CHRISTMAS IN KILLARNEY by the Irish Rovers, that my little guy wanted to listen to. There had been a puppet show on Wednesday at the Christmas party and I had totally forgotten that the finale song had been Christmas in Killarney. I tell you, Matthew has an amazing memory! I didn't even think he was still listening by the end of the show and it certainly wasn't a highlight of the party. Not like meeting Santa or eating pizza. But here we were 3 days later and he wanted to listen to Christmas in Killarney.

So Rick downloaded it off the internet and we have listened and listened and listened to it.

The holly green, the ivy green
The prettiest picture you've ever seen
Is Christmas in Killarney
With all of the folks at home

I almost feel Irish :D

No comments: