Supper time is just crazy around here sometimes. Matthew is going through a bit of a fussy stage when it comes to eating. He does not like to try new things.
I read about this.
It's normal.
Pick your battles, mommy.
So, I try.
I offer him what we're having.
Then I usually make peanut butter toast.
Or sausage, he likes sausage.
Caleb, the other hand, likes to eat everything I offer him. But he likes to eat at about 4:30, precisely the time that I am starting to get everyone else's supper organized.
He fusses too.
He needs supper NOW.
I'm trying to juggle too many things.
Boil water.
Feed him some bites.
Add pasta.
Feed him some bites.
Matthew comes: "Mommy I want something"
Supper will be ready soon.
I don't want supper I want a snack.
Caleb fusses, forgot to feed him some bites.
Toddler whining.
Baby fussing.
Supper...put on hold for awhile.
But don't worry, I've found some help. Kraft Canada. It's full of recipes. Easy ones. No fancy schmancy ingredients. Real food. Yummy food too. Some of my favourites are: Bruschetta Chicken Bake and California Chicken. And here's the BEST PART:
If you sign up, they will send you their magazine/cookbook every few months and it is loaded with easy, easy recipes that are so good. It's still crazy around here...and Matthew still eats peanut butter toast more than he probably should, but it's getting better.
2 comments:
precisely why we only really cook when we are both home. Jeff doesn't come home (or out of the bedroom if he was working from home) expecting a meal. I am just not amazing enough to swing it. I am getting better - E is afterall 20 months old. You figure I would be used to this by now.
i love kraft canada! do you get the what's cooking magazine?
Post a Comment