Monday, February 20, 2006

Pride and Joy

Pride and Joy.

Joy and Pride.

I think I have been the proudest and most joyful since becoming a mom. Don't get me wrong, I had a healthy self-esteem before becoming a mom. I am proud of my childhood, my accomplishments, my education and my relationships. But the moments of pure joy and deep down pride that I have experienced with my boys have been such blessings. (trying not to sound too cheesy-sometimes they drive me crazy, but I'm feeling extra sentimental today so bear with me)

Some of my proud and joyful moments so far:
  • Delivering Matthew who happened to weigh 8lbs 15 oz. Very proud that I was able to do that! I guess I really didn't have much choice at that point. Also very joyful that my second baby, Caleb, came three and half weeks early and only weighed 7lbs 4 oz!

  • When Matthew told his grandpa, "Jesus loves you, Grandpa!" So proud that he is already spreading the Good News (at the age of 2!) Such joy to know that he has already learned such an important lesson in life.

  • Today...when Caleb took his very first steps. Such joy in his face as he balanced himself, and very unsteadily took three steps towards his daddy. Such pride in himself. Our sweet baby becoming a toddler. A special moment, to say the least.

Pride and Joy.

I feel it deep down.

Moments like these, that's what it's all about.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to experience his first steps with him! If you can, take video. We were watching some old clips of Sarah last night and she was so tiny just a year ago! They grow too, too quickly.

Mi'Chelle said...

Awww, you good momma, you. Hooray for healthy big babies. And little boys who love Jesus. Sounds like you have every reason to be proud.

nadine jenine said...

3½ weeks early and he still weighed 7 lbs? man had he came on time he could have just walked out! ;)