Wednesday, March 01, 2006

this is me...

Do I look happy?
Do I look calm?
Do I look a little bit silly (with my hair flying out)?

This is the week that I am "supposed" to be going back to work. I mean, my official one year maternity leave is over. I am so happy with our decision to have me stay home a bit longer (until September). I am happy to spend this extra bit of time with my boys. I know it will be worth it.

Which is probably why I feel so calm lately. Just a sense of peacefulness inside. I think I know deep down that I am doing the right thing for our family at this time. I feel calm and confident.

And when you spend so much time with two little guys under the age of 3, you have to be just a little bit silly. I confess to dancing around the kitchen while making dinner, to putting a sock on top of my head while eating and to changing the words of songs just to get a little laugh from my "audience".

Can you tell all this from looking at my photo?

I am happy.
I am calm.
I am silly too.

4 comments:

nadine jenine said...

great post michelle! i'm glad you get to enjoy some more time staying home with the boys! i'm sure they enjoy it too!

Susie said...

Ms. Frizzle? Is that you? Can you come back to school and take us on field trip??

Hee. Hee. You are adorable. I'm glad you are enjoying the extra time off.

christine said...

what great news! I had been wondering what was going to happen with you and work. I didn't want to bring it up though if it wasn't a happy topic, but it is!

Marie said...

you're beautiful! glad you get to stay home a bit longer...hee hee sock on your head...