Friday, March 02, 2007

flashback friday

I think I'm in a flashback-ish, sentimental mood. :)

But please give me a break, my baby turns two years old tomorrow. Can you believe it? But don't think for a minute I'm going to quit calling him my baby.

Every year, when one of my babies celebrates a birthday, I can't help but remember the actual day he was born. So, here's a little video of the day Caleb was born. I think it's so special to have this video documenting the moment that these two boys met. It really warms my heart.



I really wish I had video of more special days in my life, like the first time I danced with my husband (before he was my boyfriend or husband, and he was just this guy I knew-I wish I could remember that song). But I'm so glad we have this video :)

Happy 2nd Birthday, baby Caleb!

9 comments:

Marie said...

oh my goodness...sniff sniff.
and by the way, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU LOOK SO GOOD AFTER GIVING BIRTH??? i do not have that looking good after birth gene...AT ALL.

Faye Byard said...

How sweet - it's hard to believe that was two years ago. And I was wondering too how you look so good. Happy Birthday Caleb!

michelle_d said...

Just for the record, I think I'm still a little drugged :)

Or I might be glowing from the pure joy of giving birth.

But, probably the drugs.

nadine jenine said...

that is so cute! matthew looks like he just isn't quite sure yet what to do with the new blob. ;)

and i agree with marie! how can you look so good after popping the baby out!?

happy birthday to little caleb. it's so special that you have this michelle!

Susie said...

I totally don't think you and Faye look that much alike, but I thought that was Faye with Maya and Caleb meeting M- I was so confused! And now I realize how much Faye and you resemble one another- and how much Cale looks like Matt!

Happy 2nd birthday, buddy :) Enjoy your party tomorrow!

Missy said...

Happy 2 Caleb! I am the same way with my Maya's pictures. We really need to keep up on that video. They change SOOOOOOO fast.

Faye Byard said...

I thought that looked like me too...not me after giving birth, me on just a regular day.

Katy said...

oh, Michelle, that is just the sweetest most wonderful moment! I agree... a moment worth remembering again and again.

I hope the birthday boy feels better soon. It's no fun to be sick on your birthday.

Jenny L. said...

Now I'm a big ole' sniffling mess. (because of the video and the sickies) That was too sweet. What a treasure!