Are you a fan of baby shower games?
I'm usually not too crazy about them.
But I went to a baby shower on Saturday for my friend who is expecting a baby(why does that sound so silly?).
And her sister announced the first game:
a baby food taste test!
Most of the guests were groaning in disgust as the hosts brought out paper plates. On each plate was a small sample of 6 different flavors of baby food. Each one was labelled 1-6. "This is gross", the lady next to me complained. "I can't believe babies actually eat this", said another. "Do we really have to taste it?", asked the mother-to-be.
But not me :)
Bring it on! I've been training for this game for the last two years. I know this. I can do this. I taste this food everyday. I test it on my lips to see if it's too hot. I finish off the fruity desserts if Caleb's tummy is full. I can beat all these wimps at the baby food taste test!
And I did. It was easy.
1) green beans
2) peaches
3) sweet potatoes
4) peas
5) squash
6) apricot dessert
Well, not that easy. They tried to trick us with foods that were similar in colour. But like I said earlier, I am somewhat of a baby food connoisseur :)
I came home with a baby shower prize (airplane size bottle of Bailey's, mm's and small hand lotion-not too shabby), bragging to my husband of my special skills. Later while feeding Caleb, I mentioned to Rick that this was the same food I had identified earlier at the shower.
"Was that the highlight of your weekend," he asked "winning the baby food contest?"
It was. Do you think that's sad?
3 comments:
At least it wasn't the mushed up candy in the diaper. That is REALLY gross.
Do you know what I'm talking about? Because if you don't then this is just a weird comment...
i thought that mushed up candy game was only an urban legend, susie... eeeeee
good for you winning the baby food game, michelle! not sad at all : )
lol, does it all really not taste that bad?
i know what susie is talking about! that game is definitely GROSS!
Post a Comment