Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mommy and Matthew Day

In an effort to spend more time with the boys individually, I have instituted Mommy & Me Day (which is usually Wednesday) My mom watches one of the boys at her house and I do something special with the other one. And actually the other boy gets to have Grandma & Me Day (so everyone wins!)

Today was Mommy & Matthew Day.

First we went to the school where I used to teach to pick up a preschool registration form. Matthew enjoyed looking at the fish in the big fish pond and when I said it was time to go, he told me he wanted to look in some rooms first. So I took him on a mini-tour of the school. We saw the gym, the library, a few classrooms and some of my former students.

We came home and had a picnic in the living room. What did we pack?
pickles
cheese & crackers
juice
granola bars
and monster cookies

















Our tummies full, we went downstairs to play firefighters. We needed to get in character so we tried to find every firefighter book we own. We found three (I'm sure there are more, but oh well)
We read them all and then got dressed up in our new firefighter costumes (I bought them on sale after Halloween, but just pulled them out today)

I was the fire chief :)

We didn't know what to use for hoses so we used Matthew's toy golf clubs. Well what would you use?

After putting out so many fires, we did what all firefighters do: we painted and then had lunch.

Then it was time to pick up Caleb because he needs to nurse before his afternoon nap. So technically it was Mommy & Matthew Morning. But it was still lots of fun!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Look at cute you are as the chief :)
"Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck..." Do you know that song?

nadine jenine said...

haha those pictures are awesome. you look like a very cute chief!

Marie said...

How fun-you would match nicely with the firmen that recently came to my house;)