Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Book shopping

Caleb got some gift certificates for his birthday and we had some left over from Christmas, so I took the boys book shopping. What fun!

These are our new books. Can you guess which ones they picked out on their own and which ones mommy picked out for them?






It was just adorable to watch Caleb "read" Hokey Pokey Elmo in his stroller while we browsed the children's section. He was babbling and pointing and holding the book upside down. He stayed busy for probably 15 minutes just looking at his little book.

Matthew was just so amazed that he could buy more than one book. Usually we only buy him one (or we just look at them and don't buy any). We felt like a bunch of kids in a candy store... except it was bookstore and books are good for you. But candy, not so much.

4 comments:

nadine jenine said...

I love the children's section of bookstores! It's usually the first place I go. I finger the box sets constantly and pick them up, put them back, pick them up, etc. I need to start a collection of children's books for school I think!

Marie said...

Oh how I love children's bookstores/sections...one of my favorite memories as a child was picking out a new book for my collection-still is :)

Susie said...

Sarah has book envy right now..."I want that book and that book and that one." Glad you got such a great deal on so many books, M.

christine said...

Love buying children's books as well! This reminds me...my stepmom wonders what store to send a gc for E's birthday. We surely don't need any more toys. A bookstore would be a great idea!