Saturday, March 04, 2006

The perfect birthday party

I think I may actually be getting older and wiser. I just might have planned the perfect birthday party for Caleb this year. We had it yesterday and I think it was perfect :)

A birthday party at the library. No need to clean my house for hours on end, only to have 10 charming children mess it up in an hour an a half.

Storytime Jane did a very special birthday/teddy bear themed storytime just for our group! (The library wasn't even open yet-we had the place to ourselves)

There were:
- rhymes
- stories
- songs and musical instruments
- a special puppet show about Caleb's birthday!
Then we ate a snack and opened gifts. I tell you, it was perfect.

(I'm not trying to brag or anything. I am just really happy that I thought of this and that it worked out so nicely.)

5 comments:

christine said...

That is a great idea. You have some library. Glad it worked out so nicely.

Susie said...

I'm calling my library to find out if we can do Ashleigh's party there. Caleb looks like a little man in his campshirt (isn't that what they're called? I think so from my days as a retail sales girl).

nadine jenine said...

michelle, HIS SHIRT! where do you buy your kids the cutest clothes ever?

sas said...

Libraries in Saskatchewan rock! Wow, I'm totally impressed!!

Marie said...

What a great idea...must call my library too! (or lily's grandma as she is a librarian...party at her house? ;)