Wednesday, October 18, 2006

mmmmmuffins

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup ripe bananas-mashed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips (the recipe doesn't actually call for them, but I always add some)

Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs and bananas. Mix well. Stir in flour and nutmeg. Dissolve soda in hot water, add to banana mixture. Stir in vanilla. Add the chocolate chips, if you wish (I usually put about 1/2 cup or more) Fill greased or paper lined muffin tin half full. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs well beaten
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups cooking oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups pumpkin purée
1/2 cup chocolate chips -or more :)

Beat together eggs, sugar and oil. Add flour, soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, alternating with pumpkin. Blend all together and then add chocolate chips. Pour into muffin cups. Bake muffins 350 for 20 minutes.


One point weight watchers muffins
3 cups All Bran original cereal
3 cups water
1 tsp baking soda
1 pkg Betty Crocker cookie mix

Mix bran cereal and water. Add baking soda. Let sit for five minutes, until soggy and mushy. Add cookie mix and blend together. Makes 24 muffins. Bake for 25 minutes at 375.

These muffins helped me to lose 19.2 pounds. Very high in fibre. Don't eat more than two a day! (kids only get one a day)

8 comments:

nadine jenine said...

pumpkin muffins! oh boy. i want some of those. banana chocolate chip muffins are also my favorite! thanks for the recipes michelle!

Marie said...

oh those pumpkin muffins look so darn good...perhaps my bunco babes will get a special treat on friday :)

christine said...

tomorrow might be a great day to do some baking!

I have been intending for about 2 months now to do a weekly baking project with the kidlets. Pumpkin chocolate chips muffins sound like a great place to start!

Sheri said...

those sounds yummy.

thanks for passing those along :)

Missy said...

mmmmm, thanks for sharing. I have made the banana chocolate chip ones before. I'll have to try the pumpkin!

Mary Jo said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Chocolate chip banana muffins?!!! I'm in heaven!!! :)
I know Evan will love the pumpkin!

Jenny L. said...

Yummy! Which will I try first? Decisions, decisions. :)

nadine jenine said...

the muffins were absolutely delicious. i wish i would have added even more chocolate chips though. mom said her recipe called for 2 cups! that was the only difference! ;)

and i'm replying here because for some reason lately my blog won't mail my comments to me. therefore i cannot reply to the through an email.