Hello, here is some stuff that I have to tell you:
(whoever "you" may be)
- My email doesn't seem to be working that great today, so if you sent me an email I may not have received it. So that's why I haven't replied, probably. If you haven't sent me an email, you really should :)
- The first day of school went really well. Thanks for all your kind words. I only had 7 students today and tomorrow I'll have 6 different ones and then the last 6 on Friday. Then all 19 of them will come next Tuesday. It's called staggered entry and it seems to work well.
- Today, I almost started crying when I told my students to give their moms and dads a kiss and hug good-bye. I kind of wanted them all to be able to stay.
- Matthew's preschool teacher wrote him a letter and sent a supply list. She told us to remind our kids that their school supplies will be left at school. It sounds silly, but I realized today that it's a pretty good idea. I had about 3 of my students try to take home their pencil boxes today. They figure that their supplies belong with them, at all times. It kind of makes me giggle to think about it though.
- I've been so tired lately, sometimes I go to bed earlier than Matthew. If Matthew takes a nap he stays up really late, so we try not to let him nap during the afternoon. But sometimes he does. One morning, I asked Matthew "What time did you and Daddy go to bed last night?" He said "We went to bed at ten, but I wanted to stay up until one hundred." Hee hee! One hundred is the biggest number he knows.
- Caleb still doesn't talk too much, but he's getting really good at letting us know what he wants with his body language and sounds. And he really is just one of the cutest little dancers I have ever seen (although I have to admit, Elizabeth's kids are pretty cute too)
5 comments:
stay up til 100! That is the cutest thing!
Happy Back to School to you!
Staggered entry sounds wonderful! I've never heard of that.
My kids go back to school on Tuesday - we just found out who their teachers are today... we got all the teachers we wanted - YAY!
Glad you're having a good week!
awww... sounds like you are going to have a great year.
I want to go to Kindergarten. And have Mrs. D as a teacher! :)
This is wonderful, Michelle. I'm so glad it went well...but I knew it would. :)
glad you survived the back to school rush!
Post a Comment