Thursday, October 12, 2006

helper

I was the helper at Matthew's preschool today. And, boy, did she keep me busy!

- cutting out scarecrows (good thing I'm a professional cutter)
- helping with craft (the aforementioned scarecrows)
- measuring kids (she measures them at the beginning, middle and end of year-or, I guess the helper does-hee hee)
- writing names on paintings
- serving the snack (which I brought- letter pretzels, cheese and crackers, banana chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and milk)
- cleaning up from snack
- setting out funsheets and backpacks
- washing the cups
- washing the tables
- cleaning the sinks

Phew!

Matthew had some helper duties too:
- sitting on the red chair
- handing out napkins
- finding the number for the pumpkin calendar
- eating on a placemat (only the helper gets a placemat, everyone else just uses a napkin)
- taking home the Franklin backpack (which he is super excited about)

It was a busy, but very fun morning. I had to rush home and doll myself up for work, because today (of all days) was picture day at my school. Hopefully, I don't look too frazzled in my class photo. Hee hee.

7 comments:

nadine jenine said...

i love the idea of measuring the kids!

Jenny L. said...

How fun. We are big fans of Franklin over here too.

christine said...

that sounds like so much fun!
'professional cutter' indeed! Those skills are definitely handy.

Marie said...

um, you had me at pumpkin chocolate chip muffins ;)

Faye Byard said...

What a fun day! Matthew must have loved having you there. Did you get to meet all his little friends?

Cathy said...

Wow! She got a lot of help out of you!

Sounds like a great morning.

Sheri said...

it sounds like you had a super busy day!

did you make the cupcakes from a recipe or mix? i'd love to try something like this for sophie's daycare.