Monday, April 24, 2006

phone a friend

Today I did something new.

Something fun.

Something spontaneous.

I phoned someone that I've never met before.

She has a lovely voice. We have so much in common. Time flew by and we talked for a half an hour!

My favourite part was when she had to play choo-choo train with her daughter. I don't know if you knew this, but we LOVE trains around here. Love them.

She had me at choo-choo.

:)

Now I'm just being silly.

For a good time, phone a friend.

5 comments:

christine said...

aww! Cute that you heard her playing train in the background. Amazing that all of your kids (hers and yours) let you have that long of a conversation! Mine just wouldn't go for it. Well you would have to talk to my daughter and sing songs with her.

nadine jenine said...

i too would love a ring a ding with you or susie! when i was younger i used to sometimes call my friends from the states. it's always weird to hear someones voice because it's never usually how you picture it. i get into a habit of just talking to people on msn or aim now and i miss the personal level you get on the phone.

Elizabeth said...

Susie is a happy voice on the phone : ) And in person, too. She came to my house in 2004 with Andy and Bean for lunch! It was wonderful. Can't wait to see her again : )

Susie said...

I'm smiley and happy all over again, M.

She had me at choo-choo. Crackin' me up. Now back to the dissection of a phone call... I'll be in purples.
wink.

Mary Jo said...

Michelle - you had me thinking for a minute that you just picked someone randomly out of the phone book (lol) Although, I guess you could meet some very cool people that way :)
I think about doing this all the time, but just never get around to it.