I've been struggling. Struggling with how to teach an almost three year old about Easter without scaring him. I've been worried about how he will interpret the suffering and death of our Lord. I've debated not explaining anything at all and then felt guilty for not sharing with him the most important story of our faith. We talked it over together as a couple and I prayed about it, asking God to help me explain this to him.
Yesterday, we read two books together:
The Tale of Three Trees
The First Easter 
And I realized that Jesus' resurrection is the real story to tell. That the suffering and death can be told, but not emphasized or dwelled upon with such a young child. I've realized that sharing our faith will not always be easy, but with God's guidance, we will be able to do it.
Happy Easter!
2 comments:
I think it's an awesome (as in big)responsibility to teach the truth, but in small morsels. ANd our hope is our little ones will understand the fullness of the season in a couple of years.
Happy Easter. Many blessings to your little family.Suz
how did he handle it? i think using books is a great way to introduce the whole concept of easter.
i miss our emails michelle!
Post a Comment