Friday, August 11, 2006

happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo...

It was my birthday this week and we went on a little holiday to Saskatoon. We spent my birthday at the Saskatoon Zoo.

Here's a photo of the birthday girl (me!) This photo was taken just before we left the zoo (note Caleb's tired expression and soother) and just happens to be the only photo where my eyes are kinda open. Don't you hate when that happens?

One of the highlights of our trip to the zoo, was being able to jump in the puddles! Don't worry, this is just a puddle formed by the hose to water the plants. I wouldn't let anyone jump in puddles of elephant pee or anything. hee hee

Caleb thought the tiger was pretty cool!

I thought the tiger should come out from under there and pose for a picture. It's always so hard for me to get nice pictures at the zoo. The fences and cages always seem to get in the way. But that doesn't stop me from trying. Some Canada geese and a bison:

The best part was the little train that took us around the zoo for a tour. In case you're just tuning in, trains are very popular at our house. So a train that takes you around the zoo can only be good! Other highlights included:Rick upsetting a monkey, eating greasy, overpriced hotdogs for lunch and the choir of parrots who sang happy birthday to me.

(ha! I made that last one up, just to see if you were still paying attention!)

7 comments:

nadine jenine said...

oooh fun! i thought you might have gone to saskatoon for your birthday! i want to know if you found the scrapbook store. ;) i haven't been to the forestry farm in saskatoon since i was in grade 9. and I LIVED in saskatoon!

Jenny L. said...

Hee hee. That would have been so cool to have parrots sing to you. Looks like you had fun, exactly how a birthday should be. :)

Marie said...

you make me giggle over and over again :)

christine said...

OH I loved the idea of parrots singing to you! It is funny the destinations that mamas with young children choose for their birthdays. Looks like a wonderful day!

Faye Byard said...

For a second, I was seriously jealous that parrots would sing to you on your birthday. Glad you had such a wonderful day!

Cathy said...

Ooh, what fun!

I feel the same way about the darn cages at the zoo... they're always in the way, aren't they?

Glad you had such a lovely day, Mich!

Susie said...

You are so silly, friend. I love that white blouse you're wearing (did you know I was going to look at what you were wearing? i'm so nosy!)