Chrysanthemum
Teacher from the Black Lagoon
Miss Nelson is Back
Trashy Town
As we watched Chrysanthemum in the dark library storytime room, I kept my eyes on sweet little 3 year old Matthew watching so intently. He was taking in each moment of this video and I know he was uneasy with the other children making fun of Chrysanthemum because of her unique name. Or maybe I was uneasy, but I figured I should just let it be and let him sort it out.
But when the Teacher from the Black Lagoon began and his eyes grew wider each time the scary teacher did something new, I really began to worry. My over-protected son was looking forward to preschool in a few weeks. He can't wait to go. I worried that he would begin to fear his teacher. Who is putting these crazy ideas in his head?
So we walked out. I really do not feel he is ready to be exposed to Miss Viola Swamp.
*warning* some viewers may find the following image offensive:

(especially over-protective mommy viewers)
7 comments:
Hee hee. Did you know that Miss Viola Swamp was Maddie's imaginary friend from 2 1/2 until well past 3 years old? No lie, she went with us everywhere. Sometimes I had to push her on the swings. We have three of those four Scholastic videos... never heard of the Black Lagoon one, but M got a set of them from my parents as a Christmas gift in 2004. Chrysanthemum is by far one of my favorites, but that might be because my girls' middle names are Hazel and Hyacinthe ; )
tee hee...i just loved the swamp books-even better that maddie once told me that Miss Viola Swamp got a brand new rainbow colored car :)
Yep, I agree, the Swamp would have made me less eager to go to school...
Trashy town is great!
We used to check that out from the library. Love it!
I can sing Trashy Town, if you want. :)
I have never seen these videos or books, how did I miss them?
Maybe I'll watch them when the boys are in school all day, so they won't be scared.
Josh is nervous and he is a very big brave 7 year old. You are a smart Momma to protect your baby. Mommas always know their child the best. Keep up the good work!
I have to agree about the first two although I do love the Viola Swamp books :)
Hmmmm...I wonder what Evan would think about them though.
Post a Comment