- put boys in their pajamas (in case they fall asleep, which they didn't)
- bundle everyone up and load them up in the car
- start playing some Christmas music on the cd player (we like Raffi)
- drive around the neighbourhood looking at pretty Christmas lights and decorations
- offer kids drinks and snacks (Matthew doesn't like hot chocolate so we call chocolate milk cold chocolate in situations like this)
- keep looking out the window at Christmas lights, big blow up Santas, penguins wearing santa hats and lit up reindeer
- say "bye bye" as you pass them
- sing "deck the halls, fa-la-la-la" as requested by your three year old
- come home and put boys to sleep
And that's how you can have your very own twinkle tour. You should try it sometime. It's fun!
5 comments:
I didn't "know" you last Christmas- so fun to read older entries, Ruby. Maybe I'll put that on my list of things to-do, stalk Michelle by reading her oldest blog entries.
On second thought, that's kind of weird. Or is it? hmm.
Glad you had a nice time on the annual Twinkle Tour :) Did you wear your jammies, too?!
haha i like susie's comment. did you wear your jammies too? ;)
i knew you last christmas since i commented on the post from last year, and i think i might have known susie then too. weird that she did not know you. ;)
we went on a twinkle tour last sunday and are going on another one this friday after we go to the nutcracker!
'twinkle tour'!! That is such a cute name. We have to use that.
So that is what it's called. We do those tours too. Hee hee at first I thought it said, "tinkle tour".
We have't gone on our tour yet. Although the kids and I love to take 'the long way' home this time of year, just so we can see the pretty lights.
Our funniest memory of doing this was the year my youngest was born. My husband just didn't want to load everyone into the car, but I insisted. We took that whole tour at 40 mph. He wouldn't even slow down to see the biggest and best displays. It's pretty funny to remember, but I was so irritated with him at the time!
Post a Comment