1. The garage door is fixed. Hooray! When the guy was here fixing it Matthew made me open the door so he could see his face. Just curious, I guess.
2. It's not quite so cold anymore. But that's just my opinion. YOU might think it was freezing cold if you were here. Depends on how tough you are.
3. Tonight we all bundled up and went outside to play. It was 7PM and very dark, but we had so much fun. Toboggan ride in the backyard, snow angels and hot chocolate to warm up afterwards.
4. I had a nice long chat on the phone with my little sister who is having a baby soon and I'm so, so, SO excited for her!
5. Everyday that Matthew goes to preschool I need to write him a note telling him that I love him and that I'll pick him up at 11:15. He now needs his note to be attached to the drawstring on his sweatpants so that he can see it at all times during school. But at least he doesn't cry when I drop him off. :)
6. Caleb is talking more and more and is amazing us with how smart he is. (insert proud mommy face) He calls all letters "A", but when he sees letters he'll say "A, A" and then go get some magnetic letters off the fridge. He quite enjoys the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
7. We have a library book that we can't find. Have you seen it anywhere? We'll just keep looking, I guess. Good thing I don't have to pay late fees on children's books.
8. My Christmas shopping is getting done a little bit at a time. Today I ran to Toys R Us after work to pick up a few things. How is your shopping coming along?
9. We are so blessed to be having some really nice Advent prayer times together as a family each night. We light the candle on the Advent wreath and pray together as a family. It's been really nice.
10. Matthew is not really very good at blowing out the Advent candle. He's such a silly guy. The only way we can get him to blow it out is if he accidentally coughs on it! Hee hee.
4 comments:
i'd say most shopping is about 80% done.
online shopping for about 1/4 of it this year.
3. toboggan ride in the backyard! oh you have me so jealous.
5.awww, I am glad that a note helps Matthew get through the day. That is terribly sweet.
7. no fines on children's books!! I want to move to Cananda! ;)
8.we need to open our bedroom closet and assess what we have in there. We need to find a time when Ollie isn't sleeping and James and E are happily occupied. hmm. Maybe in 5 years.
i'm 98% done shopping and wrapping! i just need to finish up a couple things for my mom. :)
and it's warmed up here too! it was plus 1 yesterday!
I'm really glad that Matt is coughing on the wreath and not Baby Jesus' birthday cake :)
Im not that tough. I would be all whiny with the cold weather. Maybe I need some cute, sassy furry Sorel boots first. Then I could pretend to be Canadian, eh.
hee-hee.
Post a Comment